Sunday, October 5, 2008

Mentally We Are 6-0

I had a dream last night. I dreamt I was sitting in front of the TV watching Iowa and MSU. I knew the game was close and a field goal may tie or win the game. All of a sudden, the camera flashed to Mossbrucker-who may get comparisons to Nate Kaeding someday, sitting on the bench on a 4th and 1 from inside the 25.

Then my dreams flashed to a 1st and goal from the 8. A TD would win the game for the mighty Hawks. With the 6th best RB in the country in the backfield, I keep getting these nightmares of 4 straight passes to the endzone??

Then my crazy dream flashes to a missed field goal-ironically in the same place the Steelers play. The camera again flashes to Mossbrucker on the bench.

I woke up in a panic. I rolled over and asked my wife if all of this was a dream-she said, "No honey, your suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder". Yes friends, mentally we are 6-0 but the reality is far from that.

A co-contributor is working on his "Hawkeye Nation I Have a Dream" speech that should be out tomorrow or Tuesday. Reading the early exerpts makes me think it may be the best post EVER! Our buddies at Fire Kirk Ferentz Now seem to be having great success. We will try and poke in on what they are doing from time to time. We here at GHN will officially withhold our opinions on KF's employment until after the Indiana game-which you'll be seeing more of this week.

I appreciate a response I read talking of how we need to stop this "Poor Us" mentality and start expecting more from this team. When Florida lost to Ole Miss, no Gator fan went around feeling sorry for themselves, the players, coaches, or their season. No one said, "There's always next season, our guys tried their best". NO-They were TICKED because their title hopes may have went out the window. If we are going to make excuses for why mediocrity is ok, then that's what we will get. When we start demanding more, we'll get more. As parents, when we expect our kids to achieve, usually they do. When the worthless parents don't care about their kids and what they do, usually they don't perform well or succeed. Personally I like the fire that Fire Kirk Ferentz Now has started. Hawk fans are trying to make a statement-not about hating anyone personally-but showing that they expect more.

Get some rest Hawkeye Nation. We have been through a lot. I can't help but think if just a little cowbell might help us?? Any ideas should be considered at this point.

No comments: